The idea for our current Core Essentials began in 2013 with a collection of hand-sewn basic styles. Last week, we mapped the evolution of those designs and you can read that history here.
Today, we share a guide to our Core Essential tops and tunics which fall in a price range from under $100 to just over $400.
Know our process:
- Each piece is made from Alabama Chanin organic cotton. We offer three different fabrics in various styles: lightweight rib (5 oz. per linear yard), medium-weight jersey (9.8 oz. per linear yard), and lightweight jersey (4.76 oz. per linear yard).
- Every garment is designed and made in Alabama—right here in our Building 14 production facility, which is housed in The Factory along with all of the Alabama Chanin Family of Businesses.
- We practice lean manufacturing and every garment is made to order. By making each garment to order, we conserve our fabric, employee time, and do not end up with an over stock of unwanted items.
A few updates (for those of you who already have your favorites):
- The Rib Crew (long sleeve), Rib Tee (short sleeve), and Rib Shell (sleeveless) are now found in one place under The Rib Crew—with three sleeve length options.
- The Sleeveless Scoop, The Elbow Scoop and The Scoop (long sleeve) are now found under The Scoop—with three sleeve length options.
- The Coverup now has a short sleeve option.
The guide below is a resource for fit, fabric notes, and features for each of the Core Essentials styles. Core Essentials evolve over the season with fresh colors and updated details—check back often.