Alabama Chanin’s Core Essentials have been around since 2013, beginning with a collection of hand-sewn basic styles. We mapped the evolution of those designs a few weeks ago on the Journal, and more recently shared a fit guide for our tops and tunics.
Today, we share a guide to our Core Essential skirts, pants, and dresses which fall in a price range from under $100 to just under $600.
Know our process:
- Each piece is made from Alabama Chanin organic cotton. We offer three different fabrics in various styles: lightweight rib (5 oz. per linear yard), medium-weight jersey (9.8 oz. per linear yard), and lightweight jersey (4.76 oz. per linear yard).
- Every garment is designed and made in Alabama—right here in our Building 14 production facility, which is housed in The Factory along with all of the Alabama Chanin Family of Businesses.
- We practice lean manufacturing and every garment is made to order. By making each garment to order, we conserve our fabric, employee time, and do not end up with an over stock of unwanted items.
A few updates (for those of you who already have your favorites):
- The Crop Pant and Edna Pant are now found in one place under The Wide-Leg Pant—with two length options.
- The Sleeveless Rib Dress, The Short Sleeve Rib Dress, and The Long Sleeve Rib Dress are now found in one place under The Rib Dress—with three sleeve length options.
- The Keyhole Dress now has a short sleeve option.
The guide below is a resource for fit, fabric notes, and features for each of the Core Essentials styles. Core Essentials evolve over the season with fresh colors and updated details—check back often.
P.S.: Our newest Collection offering, the Alabama Chanin Core Club represents a range of our Core Essentials—including The Rib Skirt, The Sleeveless Rib Dress, and The Easy Dress that are described below.