The Factory opened to our community in November 2013, and over the past three years it has grown into an important part of the Alabama Chanin Family of Businesses. The space that started as our design and production studios now encompasses a full service café and our flagship store. You might have heard it referred to as Alabama Chanin @ The Factory, Alabama Chanin’s The Factory, or The Factory Store + Café (since The Factory houses both). We simply call it The Factory.
And while any version of the name is synonymous with Alabama Chanin, The Factory Café is Alabama Chanin’s food and service-oriented division of the business. You can find the following programs and services from The Factory Café:
- Daily lunch and brunch service
- On and off-site catering services, including breakfast, buffet, boxed lunches, and hors d’oeuvres
- Our Friends of the Café Dinner series with visiting chefs
- Additional dinners and brunches with our chef at the helm
- Cooking workshops
- Pre-packaged, house made food items like our chocolate coffee bark, marshmallows, coffee, and goods from other regional purveyors like Georgia Olive Oil, Mother SHRUB, and Jack Rudy Cocktail Co.
As our programing expands, we have updated our social media channels to more directly get news to our followers. Last year, we introduced separate Instagram accounts for The School of Making (@theschoolofmaking), The Factory Café (@alabamachaninfactorycafe), and Natalie’s own personal account (@alabamachaninlife).
Today, we announce a new Facebook page for The Factory Café. Like and follow our page for daily menu updates, catering services, events, recipes, and a behind-the-scenes look into our kitchen. If you come out for a visit, leave us a review and let us know how we did.
And tag #alabamachaninfactorycafe