The School of Making launched in October 2014, and over the past 2 ½ years it has grown into a flourishing division of the Alabama Chanin Family of Businesses. In the time since its launch, we’ve increased DIY kit offerings, introduced new programming like Build a Wardrobe and Host a Party and expanded our workshop space to better accommodate guests.
And while The School of Making is a core part of Alabama Chanin, it continues to grow and stand on its own apart from our Collection of made-to-order items. As we continue to further distinguish The School of Making as the educational arm of our company, you can expect to see more of the following:
- New patterns launched quarterly through Build a Wardrobe
- Expanded workshop offerings
- New stencils introduced quarterly through the Design Bundle
- A new subscription service for 2018—more on this later
- Our newest book—The Geometry of Hand-Sewing—due early November
- An expanded selection of tools and notions
As our programming expands, we have updated our social media channels to more directly get news to our followers. Last year, we introduced separate Instagram accounts for The School of Making (@theschoolofmaking), The Factory Café (@alabamachaninfactorycafe), and Natalie’s own personal account (@alabamachaninlife).
Today, we announce a new Facebook page for The School of Making. Like and follow our page for new pattern and product launches, workshop dates, project inspiration, and more.